View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
One small step to prove the point of Alberta's contribution to the rest of Canada, and a point I have raised since Premier Stelmach, is a Provincial tax on income earned by Non Resident Canadians who come and work in Alberta.

VERY VERY easy to demonstrate the value to the rest of Canada, and if the Government follows through with such an Income Tax to benefit Albertans, a pool of money which is in Alberta for our own special purposes, like a separate Heritage Fund, or maybe Nuclear Power Stations, or better schools and hospitals, ...

This is the fundamental problem with all Provincial Premiers, they ignore the Provincial Income Tax being brought home by the come from away workers and it is a windfall to these Premiers who do not have to create jobs for their citizens because Alberta does the dirty work.

But I am a voice unheard, again, and again, and again...

Drewski
Arent there now provincial tax credits for tradesmen to move to Alberta? I don't know that it will entice people to move but it may get people who already work here but file taxes in their home province to file as Albertans? Its a win for both Alberta and the worker because the worker pays less tax and Alberta gets a reduced amount of money the worker would have paid to his province of origin.
I may be wrong so feel free to correct me. And yes, the Albertan payroll tax sounded horrible on the radio but when explained it was a great idea (Albertans have a knee jerk response to any tax, that proposal should have been explained further for sure)