View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
I just jig it vertically. It worked great during winter so I thought I would give it a try and it performed well. Only downside is walleye and northerns like it just as much as perch. I think your idea is great. Just have to see how to rig that up. It would be nice to come home with 5 instead of 1 or 2. Best of luck and thanks for the advice.
You are familiar with a drop shot rig right? Take your Floro or mono or braid or what ever and tie a palomar knot to the little octopus hook , leaving a tag end long enough to leave that hook suspended your desired height above the weight (or in this case a secondary lure)

Take the extra long tag end and loop it back through the eyelet dwnwards, this is very important in order to make sure that drop shot hook is staying "erect" instead of drooping. It helps with the hook up % (that last sentence was hard to type with a straight face, but I hope you are following)

With that tag end chop it to your desired length and tie on the forage minnow, or a small jig head even. Tip each with a small piece of crawler and send er' down!

Report on the results!