Thread: Degrabber???
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmcleod82 View Post
what color were the patches when they came out?
The colour was okay . . . they almost looked a little waxy: not oily. It made me worried that it might actually solidify over time. I left a little bit out overnight on my cleaning mat, and it is fine this morning: still very liquid. I'm not so worried today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_eight View Post
Yes it is the very same thing as modern military CLP, except in the old style bottle with the old Nato Stock Number. The packaging and NSN is different now but has the same mil spec.

Edit - While it does have a 3 yr shelf life, it is still good, just give it a good shake.
If that's the case, I'm guessing this bottle is a least 17 years old. Dad retired 14 years ago (I think) . . . and he probably discretely "rescued" this bottle from a dumpster (the waste on base always infuriated him, and he was regularly hauling things out of dumpsters . . . we even camped with expired rations that he had salvaged from dumpsters).

I'm guessing this stuff would not be the "Break-Free" CLP, but rather the "Royco" CLP?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.