Thread: Degrabber???
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
The colour was okay . . . they almost looked a little waxy: not oily. It made me worried that it might actually solidify over time. I left a little bit out overnight on my cleaning mat, and it is fine this morning: still very liquid. I'm not so worried today.

If that's the case, I'm guessing this bottle is a least 17 years old. Dad retired 14 years ago (I think) . . . and he probably discretely "rescued" this bottle from a dumpster (the waste on base always infuriated him, and he was regularly hauling things out of dumpsters . . . we even camped with expired rations that he had salvaged from dumpsters).

I'm guessing this stuff would not be the "Break-Free" CLP, but rather the "Royco" CLP?
We've all "rescued" a bottle or two....lol

You may find that after resting for a while...if you run a cloth through...it will have black stuff all over it. Thats normal.
It is just working the old filth out that didn't come free on the initial cleaning.

With CLP I "get it wet and let it sweat" for a few days before a final cleaning for storage. Nice thing is a little dab will do you and it never seems to thicken up in the cold. It is made for full auto weapons and doesn't break down in the heat created through normal firing.