View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Default Are you happy with this?

Folks,

Been reviewing the Fish Conservation and Management Strategy 2011-2015 as requested by SRD. This review was requested by participants of the Provincial Roundtable on Fisheries.

I found this statement within the DRAFT document.

As a million + live in Calgary + another million in Edmonton + 1/3 of a million straight east and I live @ the apex of the triangle, it would appear that I get to speak on your behalf or if I want, only on my behalf and screw you. Good thing or bad?

The relevant statement is below. How would you modify it to have people who recreate in the Rocky area thoughts represented?

There should be public involvement and education in the conservation and management of Alberta’s fish populations.
What Does This Mean?
Greater public awareness and the involvement of a knowledgeable public in fisheries management are essential to increasing public support to recover and sustain aquatic habitats and fish populations. Public involvement will be incorporated into fisheries management using consistent and clearly understood
processes. Major initiatives will be announced in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations one year before implementation. Public review will primarily occur at the local level, with additional input from the Alberta Fisheries Management Round Table. The final step is to seek Ministerial approval of proposed management changes.

regards,

Don