View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 PM

My concern here is what is meant by "Public review will primarily occur at the local level".

While I agree those that live close by a particular area certainly have a vested interest in that area, I would also say there a number of lakes etc. that I have fished every year for over 40 yrs and I would therefore say that I also have a vested interest in those areas and would like input, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I also don't understand who gets invited to give input. I have had a fishing licence and WIN card for over 30 yrs, therefore they have had my contact info, and have never been invited to any information session or to give input.

I would personally like to see more information and data be made web available. For instance, the netting data from the various lakes etc. that is collected. I'm not sure how you can expect informed and meaningful input if you only give those that attend the massaged data minutes before the discussions. From listening to those on this forum it is obvious that there are a large number of passionate, committed, and vested anglers out there who have the desire for a long term sustainable fishery in this province.

Regards

Cube