View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 09:02 AM

Interesting you should mention a jack-knife lefty. I propose that knives kill hundreds of deer in Alberta every year.

If "hunting with knives" is made illegal, it has the potential to criminalize a lot of people who have been taught to "finish" a deer by cutting its throat. Much like "finishing" a deer with a bullet during bow season will find you standing before a judge, killing a deer with a knife after you shoot it with a bullet will become illegal.

This whole issue is legal nightmare, fraught with unforseen ramifications. The regulations are restrictive enough IMO. The only change that could be made without turning into a royal **** show would be to set a minimum cutting width on "bladed weapons" of 7/8" as it is now for a legal arrow.

I added some info to the above post while you were responding. To that I will add: we don't legislate that broadheads need to be razor sharp, but we expect people to have them sharp (often a failed expectation). Again, a failure in hunter training, not a legislative issue.