View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I have killed deer with a jackknife too....but that was after either a vehicle collision or a bullet had started it....I just used the knife to finish it.

Seems like you support no restrictions on weapons...heck clubs were used likely before atlatl were.....do I look forward to cabelas camo crowbars soon

LC
Seems like you aren't reading LC, but that's okay.

Just so we are all on the same page: killing a big game animal, no matter the situation is still restricted by the wildlife act. Whether you are putting an animal "out of its misery" or not is irrelevant. If hunting equipment is restricted to a list of "approved weapons" as ESRD is proposing to do, then killing a deer with a knife after you shot it with a legal weapon will be illegal, period.

As for your club comment, why is that a problem for you? How many people do you think will take up "the club"? How many do you think will be successful? So what is the problem? Why do we need to legislate this?

I actually know a guy who killed a wounded deer with a sledgehammer; it was all he had available. He stated it was definitively effective.

So, now I have to ask: do believe "pursuit" or "endurance" hunting require legislative action as well? How do you propose the legislation is written? How far can you pursue? For how long? Is there a footwear restriction?