View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
I think they should stock more, seems the fish are super fat, fast growing and the pond could probably handle a few more fish. Hermitage pond used to get 3000 a year and this pond is bigger, deeper and gets way less fish. This was the first time I had kept fish from this pond, usually release them all. I really don't mind people keeping there limit of fish from stocked ponds. That's what they are there for. Can't keep walleye, the perch are gone and we are on the verge of pike tags so won't have much else left to eat than stocked trout before long if you want fresh fish for dinner.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I don't mind people keeping fish from there either. Although if I had my way I would reduce the limit to 2 with a possession limit of 4. A lot of folks I see there are back daily and I am pretty sure they didn't eat all 5-10 fish they took that day. If some people actually paid attention to the law they would have some more freezer space and there would be a few more fish around.

Aerated lakes with a limit of 5 just dont make sense to me. Spend all that money (and with the top of the line system they have there its pricey) to have the pond hammered just baffles me. A somewhat reduced limit lets people still eat some fish but also allows some good growth. Those are good sized fish you got in the video but they won't get too much bigger than that due to harvest.

I know they are still figuring out stocking numbers in that one. They also had a tough time getting fish in there last season due to the whirling disease impact on hatcheries.

Its a great pond. One I have enjoyed taking my kids to since its close by. Just hoping it doesn't go the way of Hermitage where you cant buy a fish there late in year due to over harvest.

Was a good video Brandon...I enjoyed. I can imagine the people watching you talking to yourself and running from hole to hole. Must have given them a smile. Non fisher people will never understand!

Cheers

J