View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokey75 View Post
I don't mind people keeping fish from there either. Although if I had my way I would reduce the limit to 2 with a possession limit of 4. A lot of folks I see there are back daily and I am pretty sure they didn't eat all 5-10 fish they took that day. If some people actually paid attention to the law they would have some more freezer space and there would be a few more fish around.

Aerated lakes with a limit of 5 just dont make sense to me. Spend all that money (and with the top of the line system they have there its pricey) to have the pond hammered just baffles me. A somewhat reduced limit lets people still eat some fish but also allows some good growth. Those are good sized fish you got in the video but they won't get too much bigger than that due to harvest.

I know they are still figuring out stocking numbers in that one. They also had a tough time getting fish in there last season due to the whirling disease impact on hatcheries.

Its a great pond. One I have enjoyed taking my kids to since its close by. Just hoping it doesn't go the way of Hermitage where you cant buy a fish there late in year due to over harvest.

Was a good video Brandon...I enjoyed. I can imagine the people watching you talking to yourself and running from hole to hole. Must have given them a smile. Non fisher people will never understand!

Cheers

J
I agree 110% Jokey, I wish the limit in near city lakes was only 2 per person. I'm not sure why the province doesn't do this. In british columbia all the city stocked lakes in the lower mainland or greater vancouver area are a limit of two. Allows more to go around. Yeah I don't like frozen trout so I usually just eat them fresh or smoke them fresh or share with some friends if I have people asking. I do have a freezer full of ocean fish though, yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
I'd be curious how they taste? I've only sampled trout from 2 stocked lakes, one tasted quite muddy, and not at all enjoyable. That was Carson in the summer. The winter fish from Spring taste excellent, time and again. Is it seasonal, or lake type that cause the difference?
The fish I ate tasted excellent. But I only eat trout from stocked lakes in the winter usually or spring. So I don't know what they taste like in the summer.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures