View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Default 4/5

Just so you guys know it may say the eyeball in the regs but it actually is the eye socket!!
I know this from past experience with a hunting buddy of mine that I was with and killed a ram. The sheep was taken away from him. He was given the meat and was told he was not allowed to hunt sheep the next year. No fine was given. He had skinned the sheep out and the Head Edmonton "sheep expert" came in and said he was short by 1/16 of an inch. This was 1/16 of the eye socket and even though he said it may say eyeball in the regs the definition of eyeball is supposedly the eye socket. He said if we didn't cape it out it probably would have passed.
Needless to say a little bit of Lawyering and a few $$$$ my friend got his sheep back. Not sure really sure if they were flexing their muscles a bit but it was one of the district main dudes that took the sheep away to begin with. Not sure why they left the meat to my friend if they deemed it illegal.
Moral of the story that I learned is if it is close don't cape it out if you can help it.
Wish I had close up pictures of the ram so show you.