View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 PM

That dream is dead anyways Darter. The SRD is pretty much all trout stocking now. I know down here in the south they stocked the lakes with walleye and if they wouldn't have spawned then there wouldn't be a walleye fishery. They said it was a one time deal. I wish they would stock more eyes around the province and get some of the fisheries back up to full potential. I know there is a few lakes in the north that get stocked but I don't think there has been a stocking of eyes down south except for PCR in a really long time.

I fish for trout quite a bit but would love to see something other then just rainbows in every little pond. I get what your saying about having the hatcheries already available around the province. But where did the bass come from that they tried stocking in alberta years ago? Even if they added splake and tigers to stocking around the province at least it would be a change from all rainbows. Its nice that lethbridge has a place that you can go to and catch brookies and browns but lately its hit pretty hard because it is the only place anywhere around here that is a change from the norm.