View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I would like to enlighten you, but in reality, you just want to argue about an issue Teck is trying hard to correct. I can tell by your response, your mind is made up. Last numbers I’ve heard was 170-180 million spent on building new water treatment plants for the mines in Elk valley and still in progress.

Guess what, the water is now treated before it heads downstream. Tested by offsite labs to make sure it is to acceptable current environmental standards.

I will admit it’s not 100% perfect. But, they are working hard to fix the issue. I know this as a fact as I live with someone working her ass off on this very issue.

Want to question my knowledge on this is issue? I have extensive experience working with and dealing with Alberta Environment on water quality for about 20 years.

But hey, the fat fly fisherman wandering up and down every steam in Alberta know best....
Not questioning that Teck is doing something on the issue. I am sure they are. It looks pretty bad for a company making millions if they are doing nothing.

And not questioning the person you live with working hard on the issue. I'm sure its a huge task.

But....in MY vast experience in working with big companies and how they deal with major issues that the public has an interest in you can be sure that nothing they are putting out there to the public or their employees will be shining any light on the negatives. Employees, unless they are right at the very tippy top of the pecking order, will be completely in the dark as to any screws up, mis-reporting, or improprieties. That way they can't leak anything.

While the water may be tested offisite to "current environmental standards" you'll know from your 20 years that the "current standard" has been a moving target depending on who is in charge. Bottom line.....is the water as good as it was before it was treated? Or just "acceptable" now?

You've got a big horse in the race so your info is leaning pretty hard in one direction. Not saying your info means nothing but it's no vindication of the situation and I am certainly going to read it and think it's all OK now.

Not only that, you came out name calling with your "fat fly fishermen" comment. Who do you think brings most of these environmental impact issues to AE in the first place? The users who witness first hand the impacts.

And it's all COVID weight thank you very much.

J