View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogseal View Post
I own one in 270 Win. It feels solid, action is very smooth. Shoots good. It was new in box and this past fall was the first season with it. I was loving it until it decided to fire when I closed the bolt...

That happened mid-November. Still dealing with their warranty on it. They tested it in their facility in Ontario, found nothing and were going to send it back to me. I got on the phone right away and said don't send it back until you find something or replace the trigger group or the replace the whole rifle in kind (this was done respectfully...just saying). That was about two weeks ago and haven't heard back from them yet. I actually came on here tonight to post about the issue I am having for advice on how to deal with them. The rep has been reasonable to deal with (other than the time it's taking and trying to send it back saying there is nothing wrong with it lol) but I am choked as the price tag is around $1700. Tikka has a great reputation for their quality; I'm dissapointed to say the least.

I'd buy a regular T3x, preferably in stainless and call it a day. Like the 270wsm currently in the Buy & Sell. Ahemmm. Not enough in the veil to warrant the bump in price imo but this is what happens when Sako gets cheap and discontinues the Roughtech series, which was a big step up from the regular T3's.

No entry level Sako anymore so now we're stuck with a T3x with the same crap stock, same crap detach mag, same "metalic" bolt shroud which is really just plastic, same junk recoil pad, and yadda yadda for an extra $600. For a fluted bolt, some ugly camo paint, a muzzle brake and some cerakote. Big whup.

Good thing Tikkas shoot well despite all the plastic because these new versions are miles over priced. For Veil model coin you can add $100 and buy a Christensen Mesa which is heads and tails a better rifle than any T3x built.

The wood stock Hunter model in Stainless is the nicest looking rifle in the Tikka lineup but still sufferers many of the aforementioned cheap points unfortunately.

Last edited by 270person; 01-28-2022 at 12:04 AM.