View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 09:46 AM

Whelp no pictures of the sleds yet. I picked them up yesterday and took them to the weigh scale on the way home. After 30 years of trailering, I somehow failed to reconnect the trailer after dropping it on the scale to check tongue weight. Gunned it when I pulled back on the highway to merge with traffic and promptly had the trailer come off the ball (must have been just sitting on top). I'm very fortunate that the only thing I damaged was the $50 manual jack on the trailer....very fortunate. Good thing I had the SuperClamps done up. So I put the sleds in the shop at home and decided to bring the Ranger out to the lake instead.

I upgraded my entire setup for ice fishing this season. Those I met up with or who saw my pictures last year know I was running a silver 6spd Tacoma. I liked the vehicle, but it was hard on fuel and kept my Ranger landlocked at my home lake as I couldn't tow it with the Taco.

So I sold the Taco (gave a good deal to some young kid whose family has had 9 Tacos and really appreciated the condition), and upgraded to a facelifted baby Duramax Silverado. I also bought an enclosed trailer that I'm already concerned to drive in the winter in crosswinds since it's so tall to fit the Ranger. Really nice setup so far. I'm excited for its first "work" trip to northern Saskatchewan in a few weeks. Come on ice!