View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
drove on at the boat launch, in Kinbrook, managed to get turned around in 4 low and get back off the lake, no way was I shovelling snow all day! lots of deep heavy drifts. went over to JF, drove out and managed to get where I more or less wanted to fish in there, still lots of drifts but not as deep so 4x4 will do for a lot of the bay, but not all of it. Fishing was slow, had a hammer come after my decoy and got it on video, highlight of the day then I managed to take my bait away from 3 or 4 hammers so tomorrow I will try again and hopefully meet grandma instead. 873 is slipperier than the frikkin ice so watch out if you are heading that way. after I pulled off the lake I got to see the biggest heaviest badger in the world Im sure trying to dig out a gopher for his Christmas dinner, road was too slippery to get stopped for pics with traffic coming. still no snowy owls sighted, should be some around here by now!
Hope you all had a decent Christmas day and see some of you on the ice Im sure.
Barring any weather setbacks, we're hoping to finally make it out Thurs.... Just my cousin and I. Still not 100% sure where to head for the day but that's very interesting about all the snow at Kinbrook. That might send me to the other lake if it's not driveable at the PP.... Sorry to hear the note was slow as well. I have less than zero interest in slough sharks of any kind.... Send me Grandma Walter!