View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I didnt realize they made tails that big! Fish are going to see/feel that from a long ways off. Looks good, I think it needs a 30 pound pike hanging off the back
Unfortunately what’s available locally is limited for good size pike gear

I ordered in a few these big kalins grubs from one of the places I by lure parts. They work pretty good rigged with a nail and two trebles even. I will test the large single tail on this body over this open water season and if I like the result I will design my own large vertical single tail similar to the twin tail to fit properly. I know it will work but I want to decide if it’s worth the cost of the custom mold first

Bigger options do exist even but local availability is basically non existent. In North America you basically need to look out east where they are sold for the musky market. The funny thing is in Europe the pike market is bigger baits similar to what is available here for musky.

I don’t know why the North American pike market focuses on smaller baits and many extremely effective lures are overlooked by North American pike fishermen

I did make an adjustment of the tie point location yesterday and it now works with the twin tail. Now I just need the weight system to arrive to see if I am happy or if I need to make some adjustments before making the first finished lure

After the wife tagged along for testing she wants a slightly smaller twin tail so I will be sending an email out to have a mold 2/3’s the size of the twin I am using in this build made

And I still need to get the final tweaks into an 8inch dive & rise jerk bait with an internal rattle. Debating on try to accomplish a new glider design around 7inch before spring too.

2 new hybrid designs, 1 new jerk bait, and 1 new glider are all I am taking on this year. I may tinker a little on a paddle tail for the hybrid baits but not planning on completing that till next year