View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
its an addiction! I keep thinking of new projects too at least my brain is getting some exercise I wonder how one that big would work in the river, my best river pike was 25 pounds I cant see why it wouldnt work
Oh I am horrible I have a whole room dedicated to lure building. You find half built prototypes at random in my house. I have prototypes sitting around that are likely perfect but I just lost interest but I often revisit them even if it’s years later. I could not even guess how many different designs I have created and I have sketches of potential future projects

As for the I have caught 20inch pike on lures the size of the one I am building. I actually use big soft plastic like bullydawgs and Medusa’s with great results in Alberta rivers. The 10inch kalins grub works well but I don’t rig them on a jig. I get lots of pike under 30inches using these baits

The big baits don’t stop your average size pike but I do find the bigger pike are will to put in a little more effort for bigger meals.