View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
I could see it. I can get up over 30 holes on a battery on my 10" Alpha if it's over the course of a day and I keep the battery warm between sets of 8-10 holes. Ambient temp is the key. He probably tested it during the recent warm spell.
It was -10C when I tested it on Buck Lake. I didn't make any attempt to keep the battery warm. It rode in the back of my truck along with the auger. There's pretty good ice this year so cutting wasn't as demanding as it can be. The battery struggled cutting that last hole, but up to hole 49 it actually cut really well. In that 22 inches of ice I only cleared the chips once, about the same as I would do with my 40V Strikemaster.

I hear what your saying about the first gen and I address those concerns in the article. The whole reason Jiffy sent me the auger for review was because of the problems with the first gen. Jiffy wants to get the word out that this new version addressed all the issues they had at first.

I spoke with the president of Jiffy when they sent the auger and I sympathize with him on the challenges of bringing a new product to market during the height of covid and shortages. The first gen missed the mark, but if you were one who bought early and have problems Jiffy will still make it right. They have a really good warranty and if you get in contact with them, the president is so involved he might be the one calling you back.

I'm not a pro staffer and I've been running a strikemaster 40v problem free for a few years now. So if I do have a bias, it probably leans towards Strikemaster. That said, this new Rogue gets the job done and is a big improvement over the original.