View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
never ends eh? its great to combine interests, especially for me I really enjoy catching fish on things Ive made. I prefer paddletails to split myself, at least after dark I find the fish can find them even quicker.
Oh I have other less complicated projects on the go too lol. I actually did a clean up of my lure room and I filled a big box of silicone molds of different lure designs that proved effective but I have decided to move on from. The amount of time and money I invest in lure making is far more than most would think. The cost of the 3 custom CNC injection molds is not cheap.

I find all styles of tail have conditions they out shine the others and are better suited for different ways of working the lure.

The paddle is best for straight retrieve covering water and has max vibration, the wide single is best for a slow twitch with lots of hang time, and that twin tail was designed for ripping/faster fall with lots of movement especially in current

The paddle tail was planed to be added in the future but decided screw it let’s just complete all aspects of this project now. The one designed for this project should put out a lot of thump with being 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 at the widest points. The paddle will be braced to prevent it folding back and force the pressure into increasing the side to side action. In theory is should have a wide swing

The twin tail is not your conventional twin like you find in conventional grubs. The tail is thicker diameter with a thinner width with a reverse curl compared to say a mister twister twin. The tails are designed to stretch right out with ease creating a long profile. They slowly curl back in if paused on the bottom(the bait will sit on its nose on the bottom with the tail floating at a 45). This is different than the normal look of two frog legs kicking you get out of your normal twin tail. It’s likely not what people are envisioning. Should be a great option for deeper water

The wide single is conventional just a over sized compared to most but it will be great for working slow and shallow so I had too lol

Once I add the screw in weight option in two different points of the body thing will get even more interesting. The changing of weight changing the angle and rate of fall will have different benefits for each tail

Everything has a purpose and depending on the condition one will out fish the other if applied correctly.