View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Default Acadia Valley trophy show

We had my hometown trophy show last weekend which is always a lot of fun, Cowboy Al brought his Caribou which was great see and we had a number of nice trophies show up that I didn't expect. Overall the number of local trophies has dropped over the last few years (CWD - I know I whine about it every year and I will continue to) but it was still pretty good. A couple of the local guys brought some trophies taken several years ago from the area that were awesome. Special thanks to the Medicine Hat guys that came up to the show and helped with the measuring. Here's a few pics: holding the antlers is my niece who is an experienced trapper and great outdoorsgirl!

This particular deer cost me many hours of sleep last fall. I spent a lot of time trying to close the deal on him but it didn't work out for me, however another local guy was lucky enough to get him and I was happy to see it come to the show. He was only 13" inside but grossed over 180". We called him "Fat Tony" because of his super heavy beams and the spot that he called home.