View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
I have recently purchased a 9' 9wt TFO Impact rod from a forum member (cheers spurly) and am looking for a reel to match it. This will be a pike rod that will also see some saltwater use, and I figured the Lamson Liquid looked like a pretty good option but I am open to any reels in roughly the same price range. I have seen the Liquid 3.5 listed as 7/8wt, 8/9wt, and 9/10wt depending on the website so I am not sure if I would need to size up to the Liquid 4 or not.

Any experience with this rod or reel? Or suggestions for other products?
I do not think there is a better option in the price range that has a reliable drag and can easily swap out spools. The Lamson Liquid 3-pack is pretty sweekt. In the hundreds of pike that i have caught, I have seen my backing twice, but even then, less than 3m of backing left my reel. The 3.5 would be fine for pike. I am not certain about saltwater though. I have a feeling that you would want to err on the side of caution when it comes to backing. Even a little bonefish can easily strip out 50m of backing, and there are fish much bigger and more powerful than a bonefish.