View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
I have recently purchased a 9' 9wt TFO Impact rod from a forum member (cheers spurly) and am looking for a reel to match it. This will be a pike rod that will also see some saltwater use, and I figured the Lamson Liquid looked like a pretty good option but I am open to any reels in roughly the same price range. I have seen the Liquid 3.5 listed as 7/8wt, 8/9wt, and 9/10wt depending on the website so I am not sure if I would need to size up to the Liquid 4 or not.

Any experience with this rod or reel? Or suggestions for other products?
I see your dilemma with what size to get. Lamson website has the rating at one size, Cabelas has the rating at another. I was researching 6-weight reels and came across a forum where one poster suggested always buying one size up on Lamson reels. But I stuck to the script. I bought the Liquid 3-pack 2, geared for the 6 weight. Put 100 yards of backing and the floating line on there and it fits about right. So, I'm glad I didn't go for the 3.5. Tried the reel a week ago on the Bow for the first time. Not much of a test, only caught one fish but no problems. What Biggy said is correct. This reel is cast compared to the Remix and the finish will scratch easily. I came back from the Bow and noticed a couple of nicks on it. Not even sure how that happened. But I knew this when I bought it.

For me, the price was right. I bought the 3-pack at Cabelas.ca this winter for $169.99.