View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
I just think people don't understand the value of it. There's so much that goes into harvesting and processing it. I usually have people over for big butchering parties and they all leave with a generous amount. The ones that do ask for meet the odd time might get a taste but will typically end up being invited to butcher to earn their own
That's it for me, just that people don't understand the value of it. They think its free and they think its 3rd rate. They let their kids throw it in the garbage if they don't want to finish, they feed the leftovers to their dogs, they leave it in their freezer for 3 years and then toss it. When I haul a moose out of the bush on my back it sure isn't so I can feed it to my dog or throw it away.

In general I don't harvest more meat than I can use myself, there just isn't enough game in the bush to feed everyone's buddy's and relatives. I do give some meat away at times, but I tend to give more freely to those that I feel understand the value of wild meat to some degree.