View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Only in my opinion...

Free trapping courses may sound good but I think it may compromise the standards to which trapping needs to be held.

Trapping is like any other trade, you have to invest into the education and equipment before you reap the rewards.
I don't follow that logic, Red. Are you saying that the quality of instruction would be lower on a free, or less expensive course, as opposed to an expensive one simply because of the cost of it? If that is the case, do you think that all of the associations offering free or affordable courses are actually doing a disservice to the trapping community by qualifying more Trappers? I always figured that the more Trappers the better and collectively the greater numbers would give us a stronger voice on issues.

Maybe you mean that by making the course accessible to low income earners and kids they would be less qualified to trap after taking the course......although they received the same instruction?

When potential Trappers need an RESP or student loan to take a trapping course things have gone way beyond ridiculous.