View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
My sister is a charge nurse at the ER in a major city hospital. The other day we were talking about masks and she said they she is going to do a fit test as she hasn't done one recently.

I will let her know that she is mistaken and they no longer need to fit test n95 masks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
The last fit test I had for a paper N95 was 8 months ago (regular documentation required when intubating TB patients in a negative pressure isolation rooms ).
Your paper masks must be much fancier than any N95 disposables I have ever seen. So an aluminum band you bend to seal with one elastic cord stapled to them pulling the mask in half. No face seal. Pleated paper. No four point strap actually pulling a gasket to your face. These are all signs of a mask that will never achieve a seal. Especially when talking or moving your jaw. If you push the mask onto your face and breath deep for a negative pressure test good on you. As soon as you remove your hand you have no seal. The difference would be like a safety glass or goggle. Do you wear safety goggles or glasses to intubate TB patients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mked View Post

Lots of videos circulating online of medical staff in wuhan in full hazmat gear, dead people littering hospital hallways, medical staff running out of basic PPE and staff getting expired masks.
Everything in this world is given an expiry date. What would actually expire on these masks? Honest question. Are they covered in a chemical or compound of some sort? Do you know? As far as I can tell its just a filter membrane. Not sure how it would expire.