View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRED View Post
Karolko, I've shot the Tikka T3 lite in ss/composite(actually I own it) one friend had the Savage 111 combo, and another guy I know has the Browning X-bolt. Now they weren't all 30-06's my Tikka is a 270win (or 30-06 improved as I tell my buddy). Of them all I prefer the Tikka. Smoothest action of all three by far, and personally fits the best for me. That said rifle choice is all about preference and fit so what works for me won't necessarily work for you.
JTRED: you are correct, i will have to shoulder a bunch of these rifles and see which one fits best for me...along with all the other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonH View Post
I think it was low but I would have to confirm. The nice thing with them doing the mounting is that they check over everything for your best fit. And that is what how they adjust the set up and choose what to install for the setup.
LeonH: Yes i too am looking for a 30-06 or possibly a 7mm Mag,( have not decided yet) As for the rifle, i am leaning towards a stainless stalker but i am unsure how the recoil would be changed between the composite and wood stalks.

Adrian