Thread: Cartridge help.
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 PM

375 H&H is awesome... I do not listen to most peoples who says its overkill or have a bad recoil.. such as the common story of the 300 pound man who is scared of the recoil of a 375.

My hunter ethic tells me that id rather have a caliber who kill the animal 1 shot in its track than a caliber who make the animal suffer for a while. I do own a 30-06.. and i will never bring it back to hunting. Sure a well placed shot kill with all the caliber... but how many caliber can claim to kill everytime with a single shot... ?

Plus the recoil now is rediculous to even talk about with the several muzzle brake and supressor offered for the hunters who are scared of their rifle..
A side note about recoil is.. dont expect a cheap rifle at 500$ to kick like an awesome 2000$ Sako etc.. its just impossible.. there is quality and weight to consider..

Now to answer the Question.. my answer is : a Sako in caliber 375 H&H " 8.5lb " kick very fast but very very smooth...

My Dad 375 H&H Browning. 27 inch barrel Kick a bit more than a Sako.

My uncle 375 H&H Ruger n'1 kick a lot more. Ruger firearms kick a lot.. all of em does.

I tried em all and im 156 lb and i can shoot a 20 shot box with all of em without my shoulder to feel any pain. But Sako come over the top with the less felt recoil.

Oh and id love to see some comments on the fact that a 338 win mag actually have a bad recoil compared to a 375 h&h... ive heard its terrible.. never tried that caliber and i do own a .338 Lapua and its also very very smooth.... No i do not have a muzzle brake... Makes no sense to use 1 unless you want to buy a 4000 $ caliber and feel like your shooting a 300 $ .22 LRF.. rofl.