View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Totally missses the point. It seems to be gospel here that any criminal of any ilk can easily get any weapon they want. But the simple fact of the matter is that the majority of criminals do not use prohibited weapons in crimes. Few criminals in Canada pack full auto uzi's. Would anyone like to dispute THAT fact.

Now if you accept the above, then my claim is that a partial reason for that is that they are rather hard to come by (not impossible, but hard). My contention is that if, say, an uzi was non-restricted and 50% of the membership of this board owned a couple, they would be incredibly easy for any criminal to obtain. They would be as common as .22's. They would be coming out the back of WSS like water. I'm sort of agog how some here think they wouldn't be used more by criminals if there were a few hundred thousand of them in the country.
Oko, hardly any criminals use full auto where they are available. (arizona, nevada I think to name a couple). They really are impractical weapons for general crime use. Why are you more scared of a criminal with an uzi than say a 30/06?? Frankly, if a criminal was out to get me, I'd say give him an uzi shooting 9mm instead of a freaking 30/06 high power rifle.

Actually a full auto rifle is probably one of the more useless weapons in crime, unless you are maybe planning on having a full on, all out shootout with an entire police department or something. IF there was any sort of criminal need for full auto's up here, trust me, they'd be here. Pot and drugs seem to flow pretty freely across the border, no reason why full auto's shouldn't if there was any kind of demand for them.

Probably the best use I can think of for a full auto rifle would be shooting up some pumpkins or something. Frankly there is no way I'd ever be able to afford to feed a full auto to bother getting much use out of one. You've been going to too many of those Calgary wine tastings.

PS: Good use of the word agog. Nice touch.