View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Default Southern AB Fishing trip

Well the time is finally here. I'm off to do my 10 day tour of the southern reservoirs. I will be leaving tomorrow as soon as I can get away from work and I am not returning until July 5th.

I will be staying at the MD campground in Taber on river. Not sure which stall yet as it's first come first served. Will be driving my 08 F150 supercrew (black) and red older lund boat, will post pic before I leave.

I will be mostly by myself until next Thursday. Any locals in area are welcome to stop by the campsite for some stories and beer (I can't feed everyone beer LOL). And if you want to join me with some fishing, no problem at all.

Will be hitting Chin Friday, The Ridge Saturday, Sherburne Sunday, and then go from there. Likely hit some other spots including the forks and Forty Mile as well. Taking my laptop so maybe I can post updates while I'm down.

If anyone wants to share any spots to try on the Ridge, Sherburne or 40 mile, that'd be cool. I've never been to any of these lakes so I'm pretty excited about this trip. Also if you wanted to meet at the lake and fish together, that's cool too.

Shoot me a PM if you can make it down, I'll send you my cell and/or email on my blackberry and how to find me. I get my PM's to my blackberry and can respond that way.

Hoping to have some good pike, walleye, perch and white fishing while I'm down. Will post results when I can.

Cheers,

Chris