Thread: Coal Lake
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
LOL, BBJ , I'd like to see you catching happy perch fisher in person ,
I can relate to your story cause when everyone leaves that means the evening bite (fishing) is on and that's when the bite starts over again,
I have caught a numerous large trout this way, after almost everyone was gone, I just can't believe you never used spoons while pike fishing,
spin casting is the best thing that there can be, I find jigging boring, maybe that's just me , but I like to move a lot when I fish.

Hope to hook up with you one day and try Coal this year,
been there last year had one hawg snap my 20 LBS fire line like that was grandmas knitting thread ,there are some huge gators there....

Cheers!
I know its weird , ive never used spoons Its crazy almost . Ive always used bait and bait hooks or jigs ither vertical jigging or cast / retrive . Also those storm baits work well , the ones that look like perch or pike which ever one you choose to use .

As for fishing that would be great always looking for new guys to meet up with . Thinking about doing a cook out / some fishing for this up coming saturday be there or be square type thing . see if i cant get the bbq and cook up some food , or camp stove cook on that . Anyway if your interested or anyone else reading this is interesting just say so and we will get this saturday fishing thing in order .