Thread: NW Ontario Trip
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbuss View Post
If you guys have time befor your flight I would fish below the dam their is some really nice walleye their.
Thanks for the tip! Hopefully we have some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I fished a Halley's camps for 45 years or near there camp,Old Louis Halley was a crazy bugger, me and a native kid show up there to guide below white dog dam.

Louis grabbed the other kid and told him I told you to get a hair cut next time you come,grabed the guy by the neck layed his head on the chopping block and with one whack of an axe cut off about 8 inches of hair,very first 5 minutes I met him. Jean and George were his sons,Jean is Around ,but George is past away,we drank a ton of whisky together ,plus they own ten other camps and River air in Minaki .

I ran an 1890 pro v on the English river system guiding for my self for a few summers around Kettle falls ,one man lake, white dog dam, umperville lake, separation who is owned by Jim Jordan up on Sepration a good friend who died two years ago, I won 6 tournaments in five years up there.

Big walleyes on the sturgeon river, plus big walleyes on the English river, you need a guide or a rubber bottom end because it's been flooded out and there's lots of real estate you can hit or old floating logs.

I would run from whitedog dam all the way up to manerd falls about a 125 mile ride one way and if your off by ten feet or less your inn trouble,i know it better then 99.9 percent of the guys,plus there's places 5 to 9 miles wide,it's a large body of water.

I paid and old trapper ,who has a cabin on narrow lake off separation lake 75 bucks per day,he was 85 years old and lived there 70 years till he died at 95.

I bought maps and he show me a few fishing spots,but I wanted to leaned the river sytsem,so he spent 3 weeks in my boat with me.He saved me 10 years of scouting and no bottom ends and 70 years of experience no one had, I also trapped on Lake of the woods on my brothers line which was huge, and I know it very well also.To many people on the LOTW.

You will enjoy it and if I know where your at,my boat sits up there all summer ,so maybe catch you up that water.

JD
Small world! I think this year will be our ninth or tenth time going. We've dealt with Gene and his sons most of the time, but I think I do remember George as well. We'll be fishing Margot this time around.