Thread: NW Ontario Trip
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
I look forwards to JD words on Daniel lake. I know of some of the lakes mentioned but have not spent time over there. I personally know nothing of Daniel lake tho somewhere back in my foggy mind I think I recall someone speaking of going in there ice fishing?
To JD.... You sent me a note I look forward to speaking with you when I can. Here at my northern MN place I get data connection far better than the hit and miss voice connection.

Osky
Yes it's The Daniel on the Gordon Lake I have ben going there for since I was 10 years of age,not many guys fish .I set up my rv some summer right at the beach in big Gordon.

TO GBUSS,yes it the one your talking about plus the mnr fire station is about a mile from the separation bridge and landing.

I have been fishing big Gordon for decades and the trout are not large ,but good eating ,the biggest I ever seen was a 21 pounder come through the ice.

2 Summers ago I went back there for a week with my wife we were fishing about 30 minutes and we had caught a few and then bang I hook onto real nice trout,it took me out to 250 FT of water and drifted half way across that lake,38 inches and I put it back, biggest trout I ever seen come out that lake.

I use to fly then drive into Anishinabi LAKE for years and it has nice trout,but so does way to many lakes to mention. Clearwater bay probably has some of the best trout fishing around ,it's only catch and release,but I think you can still apply for a tag for one fish.

I know the leader of the diving team who use to check that lake out in the fall with the bio's ,he told me that there in there, but everything is in that lake, pike, musky, big bass, large lakers, walleyes .

For me and if you like fishing I once hired out for 2 weeks at plummers Great bear,then great slave he has a camp in Sioux narrows on LOTW 's,then over to northern manitoba to neultin and my last one was nagalininy lake spelt wrong all in 6 weeks for free and got paid. Flights all came out Winnipeg.Great summer in my younger days.

JD