Thread: Why Trout??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

ok I'm glad people did not take this as a bash at trout fishers, it was an actual question, which i seem to get the jest of...........

I was not really including lakers which i guess is not fair, but i think you guys knew what i meant by trout.

I was saying a 15inch trout is HUGE cuz by most postings on this site people seem to post pics of their HUGE 15INCH trout.......not because that i personally have tried lots and only caught a 15inch........

I dont see the lb for lb comparison being useful, a goldeye fights very hard for its size, but still nothing like a 15lb pike from wab, and thats because you will never catch a 15lb goldeye!!! and yes i realize some smaller pike barrel roll when reeling them in. And I never said walleye fight lots, I think they give up pretty easy lol

So from the 20 something posts here is what I can conclude........

I should fish for trout because they are more difficult to catch than eyes or pike....

Trout are "nicer" looking as well as the environment you can usually find them in (no arguments there, maligne lake is much nicer then wab lol)

P.S. if i traveled so far and worked so hard for years to catch a 8inch trout, i would be extremely disappointed!