View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_on_sk View Post
Here's a pro-tip, hunt up-stream, then when you shoot something, you can have the current help you getting the extra weight back to the launch. Also, pack everything in doubled garbage bags and keep an extra pair of long-johns in a doubled zip-lock bag (with a roll of TP).
This guy sounds like he's done it before. Me, I put my things in a stuff sack, then double bag it with heavy recycling bags, I suck the air out of the bags, twist the tops up as tight as I can get them, double it over, and seal it with a tight rubber band. I then put a larger stuff sack overtop of the plastic bags to keep them protected. I've used commercial dry bags but in the event of a submersion I trust my own methods more. Keeping your food, a spare set of clothes, and most importantly your sleeping bag dry are absolutely vital at this time of year.

Just to comment, I've done some of the upper stretches of the Little Smokey and would not recommend them in the fall. The river gets pretty low, even on a good year.

BTW Bang on... your location say's "rhymes with fun"... I can only assume you mean "Regina"

Last edited by Bushleague; 12-25-2015 at 10:40 AM.