View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 04:55 PM

Default Underwater Lake Trout Footage Cold Lake

Well I finally made it back out on the ice this past week to kick off my hardwater season. I travelled by sled out onto the main lake and has seen anywhere from 12-16" of ice with the occasional flood water here and there.

The day started off pretty good with a flag before I even got everything fully set up. Then the bite slowed down until we got a flurry of bites in the afternoon. The key to picking off these aggressive lake trout was once they made a move at your bait don't give them much time to inspect it as you want to create a reaction or instinct bite. The Active Target sure helps with this process and being able to see those subtle direction/speed changes. Taking the time to set up a second rod can be very beneficial and lead to a few bonus fish

I always loved underwater footage so I tried something a little different this time. It was cool to see the countless fish come in and play with the bait as well as how quick they can gulp it down if they want to. The struggles of getting tangled in the cord happen but it was defiantly worth it to see how these fish roam on the bottom of the lake

As always thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/nN8a574YLwM