View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Unfortunately it seems people are most likely to give out a whine than they are to give praise now a days.

People are so fast to criticize and get caught up in semantics and trying to make someone wrong and force their opinion as being right.

I too have fallen into this trap but I am trying to take a step back and make better decisions before I toss out criticism.

The other day I took the time to pull aside my Son's swimming lesson teacher and point out that I appreciated the time she spent with him in the class of 6, he is one of the smaller kids and not a stong swimmer but she takes the time to show him how to do things properly and re-enforces how to practice and work on it.

When I first asked if I could talk to her for a minute this look of terror came accross her face because I am sure she assumed a butt-chewing was about to ensue. I delivered a bit of credit where it was due and I think she really appreciated it.

Without singing kooobayah .....I think if people took the time to double up on the compliments and half the criticism things would go alot smoother in general.

I have money on the fact that this thread will not be half as long as the whiner thread

Lefty
I also agree that credit due should be credit given.

I guess the guy over in the "whiner thread" is maybe just responding to posts added to the thread. That is one of the concepts behind any forum.

ps check your tagline, it contradicts your post.
"It takes a big man to cry, and an even bigger man to laugh at the man who is crying"

It's a nice line, but could perhaps be nicer if you changed it to "an even bigger man not to laugh at the man who is crying"

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw