View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
nobody can dispute this IMO.

I wont pretend to know what the solution is to the problem but to say there isnt a problem and actually encourage protection of them is very obviously not the right move.
Nobody disputes if they are feral!

Should they be in the foothills and mountains? Not for you nor I to decide!

Maybe we should clean our streams of trout species that are feral to them? I bet that would make a lot of people happy?

The problem isn't that the horses are there at all. The problem is that in many areas so much new habitat has been opened with logging and oilfield that the horses have flourished and numbers haven't been controlled.

And like I said you guys that keep saying they shouldn't be there and need to be removed are the biggest problem with trying to get it so numbers can be controlled you just not able to see that due to your personal agenda and thoughts on horses!

What do you think will get accomplished first,

1. People pushing for horse eradication. Saying they should be hunted. Saying they are useless. Saying they are ugly and should be removed by any means possible? Saying that because they are feral they have no place in our West Country?

Or

2. A set number of horses in the West Country doesn't hurt but numbers need to be controlled to these numbers through managed capture and such programs. This reduction in herd numbers not only will remove food competition but will also allow for healthier individuals and herds.

So for all you guys promoting eradication just keep at it. Because of you guys ill always be able to see "wild horses" in the West Country!! Your the horses best asset! Your just not smart enough to see it!,