Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Blatantly obvious!!

Take all manner of people who co-operate

day shift/night shift
management/employees
torch operators/welders
husbands/wives

and many more...........

when one arm of the union doesn't tell the other, one of them is untrustworthy. Period!!!

There hasn't yet been any type of excuse leaked to their guy at the paper.

If blue wall supporters would look at the situation, instead of instantly attacking anyone questioning, there might be more trust.

If the cops would even attempt to explain why one force did not tell the other, that would help. As is, just another unfortunate gun event involving cops, with no accountability ever!

I can't tell from your post whether you actually think that someone within law enforcement "leaking" information to a paper or journalist is considered normal or whether it is an unfortunate exception to the rule.
In either case you seem to be taking the position that because it hasn't happened yet that it is counter to justice being served. That it is somehow evidence of a potential cover-up?
I don't agree with that supposition at all.

I also don't agree with the premise that every single question that the public has in the forum of media needs to have a swift, immediate response.
Investigations are often complex and involve sources of information that cannot be divulged for fear of jeopardizing not only the source but of other potential targets yet to be identified and even further ongoing investigations. Sometimes these things are not linear.

If you honestly think that every shooting involving cops or every incident that involves their use of a firearm carries with it no accountability you are mistaken. In order for that to be true then you are basically saying both the officer discharging their weapon with the intent of using deadly force AND the unit/area charged with investigating the matter subsequently, completely lack honesty, integrity and accountability - in other words corrupt.

If you've truly never seen an instance of accountability then I will stop trying to convince you otherwise. I would, however, wager that what you really mean to say is that in some instances, that you have become aware of, it is your perception that accountability was lacking. In this case I could easily see your point since police rarely if ever get to trot out all the evidence after the fact to counter some of the pretty salacious soundbites you see from people being interviewed on TV, etc. And really what would be the point. It takes years sometimes for incidents like this to go to a fatality inquiry and even when exonerated by the findings of a judge after the report has been released do you really expect the police agency to get into a back-and-forth verbal exchange with grieving relatives, etc? It just doesn't happen.

This was a sad unfortunate incident for many parties. If mistakes were made it will come out. Despite all the bad press Toronto gets it isn't Tijuana. This would have all the makings of a Narcos episode if you expect anyone to believe that the entire team going in, the commanding officer and the initial investigators as well as the SIU team are all in on a cover up. Not within the realm of conceivable likelihood.

This is my honest opinion.