Thread: Road Kill
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

Walking Buffalo...........The way that the regs are written it is at the discretion of the Officer as to whether or not they will allow you to possess any found dead wildlife. I don't think that more regs are required. An internal memo wrt roadkill to the district offices that are not allowing roadkill to be recovered would suffice IMO. More bureaucracy is not what is required.
I've never seen a regulation that says that.
Care to share?

There are conditions that regulate when and why they can say no, but only within the written rules, not at the simple whim of an officer.

Wouldn't this memo have to follow the law, or do you feel F&W doesn't have to follow written rules, that they can just make things up as they go along even if their actions are illegal?

As to the bureaucracy comment, I see you don't understand what I was getting at. Colour me unsurprised. (Yah, I'm grumpy and need to get out.... )

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."