View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 09:59 AM

One thing the vacationing fisherman need to remember is that winter is the off season , but that said I have entertained myself for a couple of trips now and it’s easy enough to have some fun. You need to be prepared to fish for what is there at the time. Bring 2-3 oz sinkers and pickerel rigs (or the PC equivalent 😊 ) bait always works. If sierras are around 1.5-2 oz castmasters or deadly dicks but shiny , silver and able to work in current most Mexican fish like speed, the serious surfcasters are using reals that pick up 50+ inches of line per turn just to give an idea.

One new thing I saw last year when I was in San Jose Del Cabo was snow birds with casting bubbles and hoochies, the only bait around was little with things and the hoochies matched up pretty nice. Another thing from last years trip was to get out before sunrise basically I hit the beach 5:30 or so and lure fishing was done by about 7:30. It worked great for us since I got to fish and still meet up with the wife for breakfast.

Though I have not tried it yet but I suspect a big buzz bomb could be a thing to try.

I have made and bought a number of the typical roosterfish/Jack type lures and have yet to even get a bite on one. But that said if there are rocks around you want some sort of popper.