View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:32 AM

I've had to mention it in other similar threads, but it obviously bears repeating in this one. For those moaning about why the offenders name is not yet released, pause for a moment and ask yourself what benefits this would have for the police investigation

First and foremost is that it allows for minimal interference in the investigation. If the offenders name is released then every journalist, citizen blogger, keyboard commando and Alex Jones wannabe would be chasing information and might even be beating the police to talking to certain witnesses or other aspects of the case. The police have great resources, but they can't dispatch an infinite number of detectives and police officers simultaneously. Each breadcrumb trail has to be
chased to its conclusion or disappearance. Outside interference has the potential to taint evidence by muddying people's recollections, tampering with evidence or scaring off other suspects. People can be weird, I recall other cases where people instantly built fake blogs / web content purporting that it was posted by the offender, stuff like wastes police resources to prove false.

Other times they might be withholding the name in the event that there might be other suspects to pursue, such as with a conspiracy be it organized crime or terrorism or whatever. Who knows what this event was, but having the time to either confirm or eliminate such possibilities is very important.

Some of the commenters here really need to shop for new hats that weren't made by Alcoa. Give your heads a shake and think about how important a strong investigation and good evidence is for the pending court case against the offender. Nope, instead your default reactions are to instantly assume there is a greater conspiracy by any or all of the following: the offender(s), the police, the government, a foreign government, religion A, B, C, D, etc, our space alien overlords, the parasitic beetle that lives in your ear. Just stop with it already, OK?!

Last edited by CaberTosser; 08-11-2018 at 08:37 AM.