View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Logan

If you ask me a flasher is a tool and a camera is a toy.... The flasher will help you locate fish in any water condition and at any depth and allow you to target suspended fish. Do not get me wrong cameras are fantastic tools but unless your fishing in gin clear water and fish are swimming in your cameras frame then you could be missing out on fish.

Now if you wanna get fancy and but the 2, the flasher will help you locate the fish and then you use the camera to find the right presentation you will be a fish slayer.

I myself use a Marcum LX-1 flasher and its fantastic, it was $300 at the Fishin Hole and they had a $50us mail in rebate when I bought it so there was no choice over a Vex. The Vex was about $150 more, had 200watts less. Vex's are proven tools but I think Marcum is the same if not better technology at a lower price. I have used a Vex and found the Marcum to have better separation at the bottom depths, and the Marcum has a zoom mode to it too, it will zoom in on the bottom 5ft. And like I said $300.

A Marcum VX1 Flasher is $300 and a Marcum VS250 camera is $199.99 so you could essentially get a Flasher AND Camera for the price of JUST a Vex flasher if you really wanted....but then again it is easy for me to spend someone elses money :rollin