View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 02:28 PM

Grittybowman just did two podcasts about their experience with it first with the people from Garmin second with the testers reviews where overall positive the biggest negative was the learning curve on how to use the sight. They where hunting in Texas and did miss a couple opportunities due to what they called user errors. Granted they where hunting with the sight after only two hours of setup. The one resounding positive they mentioned which I found interesting and apparently a unintentional from Garmin was while ranging there are as I understand it two circles you have to line up. What this forces you to do is have proper form and acts as a form check prior to shooting. Personally I don’t buy the cost justification that it replaces your hand held range finder. The sight only ranges to 100 which is plenty for shooting but I use my range finder for a lot more then just shooting. I would still carry a hand held. For the concerns above it battery life they estimate with normal use batteries should last a year. Sounds like a cool site that would of potentially got me my first moose last season instead of miss but the predicted cost way to high my opinion. I am looking at getting a new site but currently more interested in the Surelock Carbonix.