View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 07:38 AM

Thanks for all the great insights, advice and anecdotes.

Some quick questions:

-Does anyone run a rubber bed mat under their camper? I saw this is highly recommended to help the camper from wanting to slide around in the box but wondering if it makes enough difference

-My truck already has the camper bars installed, no idea what the brand is (front ones are there chrome bars and I’ve never seen others like it, rears are the typical steel metal square tubes)—are most of the turnbuckle tiedowns that connect the bars to the camper universal? Does it matter much if a guy just used his own chain and turnbuckle rather than something store bought?

-Any recommendations for tires? Truck desperately needs new rubber before I can load anything on it. Don’t think I’ll do a ton of off highway use but wouldn’t mind having something with a little meat in the event I do.

Been eyeing up a model in Calgary that looks pretty much exactly what I’m looking for (even has the jack extensions for a dually—thanks for the great advice on that Dean). Trying to get everything in order so I can drive down and take it home if I end up liking it.