View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
you are hard core too, don't even gun hunt, lots of bowhunters like that, you should dictate for the rest of the hunters being that hardcore?

and to the part about suddenly every gun hunter flips open his wallet to buy crossbows and cruising the roads for two months....uh yeah....ok, sounds like thats whats happened everywhere else they've been let in....total disaster

i'm sorry but once again if you wanted to cruise the roads and kick the door open on stuff then the compound wins again....here is where vertical would definitely be an advantage....i can't imagine driving around with a loaded crossbow in a vehicle and trying to get the thing out of an open door...you crack me up....i forgot what a poachers tool it was

so back to reality, an initial surge of people trying the crossbow with unrealistic expectations...sure....but it won't take long for those folks to realize its still bowhunting 99% lol and the surge will then be a bunch of crossbows hitting the buy/sell section and you are way too optimistic about how many people are going to rush out and pick these things up....initial surge yes probably....but not every gun hunter....i'm guessing more bowhunters buy them for introduction tools/taking people they know etc. than gun hunters....just a guess but gun hunters would take that money and just buy more guns imo....especially after they give it a try and find out its just another bow

I gun hunt for Coyotes, and bird hunt a bit. Other then that Bow only. This is just my preferance in the past 12 years. Why did i give up rifle hunting? For the same reasons i dont want XGun hunting classed as achery! Dozens of clueless jack@ss rednecks poaching, crowding land, killing everything that moves (including other hunters sometimes) and a total lack of respect for each other and landowners! Its what happens when you throw more hunters into less property. Its is rare during a bow season to run into another hunter in the bush. Why, because they understand wind direction, wind currents, bedding areas, feeding areas...they stay away from each other as much as possible and don't try to screw each other over. I can't say that for most gun hunters. I had one guy pull up behind me on a gravel road as i was glassing a herd of elk he got out and started firing at a herd of elk 800yards away! Ive had bullets zip right past me and hit animals i was stalking. I've have had to beat up 3 other guys for other jack@ss stunts! When you jam all those guys into the country it will be a total ***** show! Like most rifle zones are.

Xbow hunters will be everywhere! Every guy that rifle hunts will be racing to the stores to pick one up! They all love to whine that we get to hunt longer and during better elk seasons and blah, blah, blah!!! You wanna hunt these seasons then go and learn to shoot a bow, practice and learn to be compitant with a bow. They don't do this because then they need to learn something new. Its much easier to cry and whine and try to get the government to allow them to hunt with a gun that shoots an arrow and takes ZERO practice!

The thought Pi$$es me off so bad! Anyone can kill a deer with a gun or Xbow!

Can you imagine what the gun hunting public would say if this was turned around? All the major popular rifle zones in our area are now Bow and xbow only? All those guys that are trying to love crossbows would be boycotting the hell out the idea!

Anyone who bowhunts or let me correct that, is a BOWhunter is crazy if they don't respond to this questionaire!