View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:41 PM

edmhunter can u tell me how your huskywonder scope deals with these issues?
from my notes from REAL shooting data my dope at 500 yds in 25 deg temp with my 300wm is 5.6 MOA in contrast my dope at -25 deg is a full 6 MOA leaving a difference of .4 moa from ambient temp alone.
at 500yds this translates to 2 inches. add a min of 1MOA of accuracy potential in your rifle and your already at a grouping of 7"
Even if your Huskywonder scope turrets are set up for 0 deg temp you still have 1 inch difference from temp alone.
Also lets look at SD (standard deviation) if your factory round has an SD of 10 and a muzzle vel of 2939 at least 99.7 % of all rounds fired will have a muzzle vel between 2909 and 2969.
running those numbers quickly adds another .3 MOA(1.5") difference. Just with the basic changes due to temp and SD which every shooter has to account for at longer ranges.
If your rifle can hold MOA out to 500 yds just with this data alone you have a mathematical group that is 7.5 inches large using your 500 yd mark on your turret in either +25 temps or -25 temps.
This is why I would never choose a scope set up as you have. my tried and true system is ti handload precision ammo to reduce SD to a minimum shoot actual ranges in all weather and RECORD ALL data then use my turrets to click out the correct amount of MOA for the distance /conditions.
Sorry but your click to 500 and boom smack claim is just crazy when looking at all the variables.
using raw math you would have to be able to hold under .5 moa (1/2"at 100) to even have a chance at hitting 5 out of ten at 500.
Huskys and G7s and all the scopes that use custom turrets(by the way most if not all manufactures offer custom turrets in fact you can get custom stickers built for your scope to your data for any scope made)do and can work to some degree but nothing is fool proof...
there is no such thing as I can just dial to 500 or 700 or 450 and boom flop every time. and for those who are new to LR shooting dont believe every thing you watch on TV or listen to everything some windbag has to say.
Many of the guys on here are very knowledgeable and capable shooters... Rarely will you here them make outlandish braggs about themselves.