View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Hoopi

Default Re: africa

Hey Sheep:

Thanks for your reply. What do you know about Byseewah. It was one of the places I was following up on.
For me, high fences and small farm hunts are not what I am looking for. Its a personal thing with me. That is why I am shying away from SA. I am not sure what you mean by bargains in SA. I found Namibia to be better value for the more "concession style" of hunt (ie lots of space between fences). My buddy and I set a low ranch size limit of 36 square miles (or 36 sections = a township), because the ranches we hunt for whitetails in Alberta are about that size...and we don't get bored of walking around those places for 10 days a year
However we were looking for good Kudu, Gemsbok and Mountain Zebra (with other plainsgame to follow) on a 10 day hunt. So a concession-style of hunt means more new area to check out each day, including a tent camp if possible. Also, I don't want to spend the whole day in a truck bouncing over roads. I would like to spot and stalk from Kopjies (big rock outcroppings) and get after them once the game is spotted. Kinda like sheep huntin' here in Alberta (less the thousands of vertical feet of climbing and 50 lb pack :lol )

Lastly, I am really looking forward to following a good PH and Tracker as they identfy tracks and in the sand, we follow them up, and I hopefully connect with a nice kudu, etc at the end of it.

Any further thoughts from anyone? I am following up with every lead I get.

Hoopi