View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:34 PM

I'm down with most of that, though the recall percentage should be lower, say 57% to 60%. It would still be a distinct majority, just easier to achieve.

If we had equal representation by population, Alberta would be better off as we'd have a new more MP's. Vastly over-represented provinces would lose MP's (PEI would go from 4 to 1). If nothing else, I would go for equal rep by pop, we in AB have been getting cheated by that for decades. EG: the most under-represented riding has 158K citizens, in Edmonton. A riding in Calgary has 148K (numbers are old though, the best #'s Elections Canada posted before last fall's elections were from 2015). #'s for Ontario and Quebec curiously have far lower #'s.

I am absolutely down with the full scrapping of the Indian Act and having a single rule of law and equal benefits for all. Equal opportunity to succeed and equal opportunity to fail; and the exact same consequences, be they good ones or bad, for everything.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 02-20-2020 at 10:44 PM.