View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Boone View Post
Personal attacks on an iPhone spell check! Wow.
Only gets better!

Would u have a problem at draw time next season stating that you intend to hunt mule deer with bow only? And in doing so, forfeiting your rifle draw?
But u are limited to bow season only!
Yes I would have a problem with that, a big problem. The current system is not broken so why fix it. the only thing that is broken is the gross overharvest by rifle hunters that drove populations through the floor.

I have been 999'ing my mulie draw for the past 4 years due to time restraints in november and garbage deer numbers. Next year I plan to draw that tag. I would also like to be able to head to that zone to hunt that buck with my bow in sep/oct.

Another scenario to punch holes in your hair brained idea with regards to more restrictions of bowhunters based on skill. You want the skilled guys and newbies/casual guys hunting different seasons. As part of our duties as hunters/outdoorsmen it is our duty and obligation to pass this way of life on to our children and friends who are interested. When my children are old enough to bowhunt, by your plan, I could not hunt with them. A new hunter would not be able to hunt at the same time as his buddies who are trying to get him into the sport.

Also, how would one come about determining who goes into each tier. Heck some 14 year old kid who has been brought up around bows his whole life and is a crack shot is a better hunter then a guy who may be out there hardcore every day but rarely practices and is not a great shot. who goes into which tier? do we need to spend a bunch of money to set up a committee and program to go around to everyone before draws are put in each year and determine who gets to go in each season?

truly head shaking